2013 Ontario energy and property tax credit (OEPTC) - Calculation sheet for single individuals who share the care of all their children
Download a calculation sheet in .pdf format.
Use this calculation if you were under the age of 64 and single on December 31, 2012, and you share the care of all your children who are under the age of 18 on the first day of the payment month.
You may have to use a different calculation sheet for a particular month if the care of any of your children changes.
Step 1 - Occupancy cost
- Multiply your rent paid in Ontario for 2012 by 20%.
- Add your property tax paid in Ontario for 2012.
- Add $25.00 if you lived in a student residence.
This is your occupancy cost.
Step 2 - Energy component
- Multiply the amount paid for a public long-term care home in Ontario for 2012 by 20%.
- Add the amount paid for home energy costs on a reserve in Ontario for 2012.
- Add Step 1.
- Subtract $25.00 if you lived in a student residence.
Your energy component is D or $214.00, whichever is less.
Step 3 - Property tax component
- Multiply Step 1 by 10%.
- Use A or $695.00, whichever is less.
- Add $54.00 to B.
Your property tax component is C or the result of Step 1, whichever is less.
Step 4 - Energy and property tax credit
- Add the results of Step 2 and Step 3.
- Subtract $21,410.00 from your adjusted family net income for 2012 (if negative, the result is zero).
- Multiply B by 2%.
- Subtract C from A.
- Divide D by 2.
- Subtract $26,763.00 from your adjusted family net income for 2012 (if negative, the result is zero).
- Multiply F by 2%.
- Subtract G from A.
- Divide H by 2.
- Add E and I.
- Divide J by 12.
J is your annual OEPTC entitlement.
K is your monthly OEPTC entitlement.
If your annual OEPTC amount plus, if applicable, your annual Ontario sales tax credit and Northern Ontario energy credit is:
- $2.00 or less, no payment will be issued.
- from $2.01 to $10.00, you will receive one payment of $10.00.
- $360.00 or less, you will receive it in one payment instead of monthly.
The first monthly 2013 Ontario trillium benefit payment, which includes any OEPTC entitlement, will be issued on July 10, 2013.
- Date modified: