Submitting your request

You or your authorized representative should fill out Form RC4288, Request for Taxpayer Relief - Cancel or Waive Penalties or Interest to make a request to cancel penalties or interest. You can also write a letter marked “Taxpayer Relief”.

For more details on supporting documents required, go to Information you must include with your request.

You or your authorized representative can submit your request to cancel penalties or interest and all supporting documents:

For more information on the Submit Documents online service, go to Submit documents online.

Designated offices:

  • British Columbia and Yukon
    Vancouver Tax Services Office
    9755 King George Boulevard
    Surrey BC  V3T 5E1
  • Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut
    Winnipeg Tax Centre
    66 Stapon Road
    Winnipeg MB  R3C 3M2
  • Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland and Labrador
    Summerside Tax Centre
    275 Pope Road
    Summerside PE  C1N 6A2
  • Quebec
    Shawinigan-Sud Tax Centre
    4695 12th Avenue
    Shawinigan-Sud QC  G9P 5H9
  • Non-resident or international taxpayers
    (individual, corporation, trust, and part XIII and non-resident withholding accounts)
    International and Ottawa Tax Services Office
    P.O. Box 9769, Station T
    Ottawa ON  K1G 3Y4

    For all other non-resident accounts, e.g., GST/HST, payroll, excise taxes, other levies, and excise duties, send your request to the designated office that serves your business.

Form and publications

Related topics

Date modified:

Associated documents