Changing a charity's authorized representative information
The Charities Directorate needs consent from a charity or applicant organization to communicate with a representative for charity-related matters. An authorized representative can be an employee, volunteer, or another individual such as a lawyer, accountant, or bookkeeper.
To add or change the name of an authorized representative, you can:
- send us a completed Form RC59, Business Consent Form;
- make the changes online through the Authorize or manage representatives option at My Business Account; or
- send us a written request with all of the information listed below:
- charity or applicant organization’s name
- charity or applicant organization’s registration number (if applicable)
- representative’s name
- representative’s telephone number
- effective date
- expiry date (if you want the consent to automatically expire)
Date the letter and include the printed name and signature of a director, trustee, or like official that the Charities Directorate has on file.
Also be sure to inform us in writing if an authorized representative no longer represents the charity or applicant organization.
Canada Revenue Agency
Ottawa ON K1A 0L5
- Date modified: