Representatives for non-resident accounts

To authorize a representative for your non-resident account or to make changes to representative information, you have to sign a letter of authorization and send it to us.

Your letter of authorization has to show:

  • your non-resident account number;
  • your name;
  • the name of your representative, with his or her address and telephone number; and
  • a statement from you or an authorized officer to let us release your information.


For a company, your letter should be on company letterhead, signed by an authorized officer.

To cancel an authorization, you can phone or fax us, or send your request to the Non-Resident Withholding Division in writing.


You cannot use Form T1013, Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative, or Form RC59, Business Consent, to authorize or cancel a representative for a non-resident account. Also, representatives cannot use the Represent a Client service for non-resident accounts.

Where to send requests

Send requests to the following address:

Non-Resident Withholding Division
International and Ottawa Tax Services Office
Post Office Box 9769, Station T
Ottawa ON  K1G 3Y4

Fax requests to: 613-941-6905.

Enquiries and cancellations

For enquiries or to cancel an authorization, call us:

  • From Canada and the United States: 1-855-284-5946
  • From other parts of the world: 613-940-8499
Date modified:

Associated documents