Representatives for non-resident accounts
To authorize a representative for your non-resident account or to make changes to representative information, you have to sign a letter of authorization and send it to us.
Your letter of authorization has to show:
- your non-resident account number;
- your name;
- the name of your representative, with his or her address and telephone number; and
- a statement from you or an authorized officer to let us release your information.
For a company, your letter should be on company letterhead, signed by an authorized officer.
To cancel an authorization, you can phone or fax us, or send your request to the Non-Resident Withholding Division in writing.
You cannot use Form T1013, Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative, or Form RC59, Business Consent, to authorize or cancel a representative for a non-resident account. Also, representatives cannot use the Represent a Client service for non-resident accounts.
Where to send requests
Send requests to the following address:
Non-Resident Withholding Division
International and Ottawa Tax Services Office
Post Office Box 9769, Station T
Ottawa ON K1G 3Y4
Fax requests to: 613-941-6905.
Enquiries and cancellations
For enquiries or to cancel an authorization, call us:
- From Canada and the United States: 1-855-284-5946
- From other parts of the world: 613-940-8499
- Date modified: